9.01.2012

This is a bad list. I will play it.



Every now and again, I make and play a list that I know won't be very good.  This is one of those times.

My FLGS is starting a grid-mapped escalation league of sorts in which I plan to play Daemons.  Wanting to try the new flying MC rules, I've developed the following for the first game, which starts at 1000 pts.

1x Great Unclean One (Instrument, Cloud)
3x Flamers of Tzeentch
3x Flamers of Tzeentch
1x Daemon Prince (Mark of Nurgle, Daemonic Flight, Instrument, Cloud)
1x Daemon Prince (Mark of Nurgle, Daemonic Flight, Instrument, Cloud)
1x Daemon Prince (Mark of Nurgle, Daemonic Flight, Instrument, Cloud)
5x Plaguebearers
5x Plaguebearers

I don't expect to win with this - ever - as any halfway decent player will shoot my troops down almost immediately.  My best case scenario is keeping them behind cover or out of harm's way until the end of the game.  If they're not in cover, that 5+ invuln save isn't going to help things out too much.

Yeeeeeah.  I'm sitting here reading this shaking my head.  If I were to make this more of a Serious Business (TM) list, I'd drop a Prince and add another troop squad or two, but... fuck it.  Fuck it!

3 comments:

  1. The troops are vulnerable, but if you drop all four MCs at once, your opponent will have better things to shoot at than your troops. Has the potential to lose objective games spectacularly, but there are some lists that will be hard pressed to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I'm thinking that i'm going to split my waves between MC's and Everything Else. If I get all 4 MC's in first turn, great, they'll be in assault soon as long as I can get them in the air. If I get the flamers in, that's fine, as they'll do some damage and should be target priority. You don't want to leave flamers sitting there while you shoot at troops in cover.

    The only thing I'm still wrestling with is which to make preferred.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd probably go with the MCs. They'll be much harder to kill, and can start assaulting/vector striking that much sooner. The Flamers can at least shoot on the turn they arrive, and delaying the Plaguebearers just keeps your opponent guessing about which objectives you're playing for.

    ReplyDelete